I’m a student or caregiver who is looking for distance learning and/or financial resources.COVID-19 is impacting the educational experience of every student in Stockton. During this time, Stockton school districts and universities are providing regular updates and online learning resources to their students. Furthermore, organizations are working to support students who have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
Resources for All Students
San Joaquin Virtual Peer-tutoring Network
The San Joaquin County Education Initiative is a group where students can sign up to either be tutors (for Community Service hours, or just out of their desire to support peers), or sign up to get support with virtual assignments.
Here is the link to their webpage. Call 209-244-0721 if you’d like to follow up for additional info.
Student aid for current college students
Stockton Scholars is assessing college student needs in the community to inform the potential launch of an emergency fund for eligible students. We know that students will face unexpected expenses and a likely loss of wages during this time due to the lack of paid family and medical leave. Some may need plane fare to get home, while others need money to pay their rent. Please complete the survey below if you are a college student to help us understand the impact on our current college students.
Local School District and College Updates
Stockton Unified School District (SUSD) Update
- Remote Learning: Starting Monday March 23rd and effective until April 6th, 2020 – all SUSD schools will be open from 7:30-8:30 am between M-F for parents and students to pick up Weekly Learning Curriculum packets (this applies to all K-8 schools and most local high schools in Stockton Unified School District). If students cannot make it to their local school site in person, SUSD students can also download and utilize Distance Learning packets from home in order to stay on track. Families can also visit the SUSD Headquarters at 701 N. Madison Avenue to pick up a remote learning packet (drive-thru style) if needed.
- Weekly Updates: For weekly updates, families and students can participate in weekly Telephone Town Halls that will be hosted by SUSD administrators to keep folks in the loop about what the district is doing to provide resources and support to families in the coming weeks. To RSVP for upcoming Telephone Town Halls, click here.
Lincoln Unified School District (LUSD) Update
Beginning on March 16th, 2020, LUSD closed down its physical school sites and locations until April 3rd, 2020. Additionally, Spring Break will occur from April 6th-10th.
Manteca Unified School District (MUSD) Update
Lodi Unified School District (LUSD) Update
Information for Students Transitioning to Online Learning:
San Joaquin Delta College (SJDC) Update
- SJDC has launched Online Lecture Classes. All hands-on labs that must occur in person have resumed. Please contact email@example.com for questions regarding campus closure and upcoming announcements.
- Using Canvas for Online Learning: It’s very important to become familiar with and log onto Delta College’s online learning tool, Canvas. (For more information, click on these Canvas Videos/Tutorials to learn how to use and activate your Canvas account). If you have a particular question about one of your classes, email your professor by entering their first and last name into the following format [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Technology Access: Administrators and staff are currently working to acquire more laptops which students can check out if they do not have a computer at home. The College is also ordering hotspots for students who do not have WiFi. Delta cannot provide every student with these resources, but between the labs, library, and resources to be checked out they can cover the need.
- Health & Wellness Resources: Students can still make appointments to see a counselor using the online link(s) provided below. SJDC has also listed other local and community-based initiatives aimed at supporting mental health awareness and wellness programming Please browse through the resources provided below for more information on how to get support at this time!
University of Pacific (UOP) Update
- UOP has created a centralized email address to send questions and inquiries about COVID-19 related issues: COVIDemail@example.com.
- UOP has also created a COVID-19 Relief Grant Fund, which will provide new and returning undergraduate students who are enrolled in full-time degree programs $1,450 each year to put toward their tuition for up to eight consecutive semesters. The number of grants allowed will be based on students’ class year.
- University library:
- Residential Life and Housing: Send any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pacific Technology: Resources for Learning Remotely
- Student Health Center: Nurse advice line: 209.946.2315, option 4.
- Care Managers: email@example.com or 209.946.2177
- Office of Services for Students with Disabilities: firstname.lastname@example.org or 209.946.3221.
- CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services): On-call therapist available 24/7. During business hours, call 209.946.2315 x2 and ask to be transferred to the on-call therapist. On nights and weekends, call 209.946.2315 x2 and wait for the CAPS voicemail to begin, then press 4 and you will be connected to a licensed therapist.
Info from California Colleges and Universities
For info by the California Community College Chancellor’s Office, click here.
For info by the California State University Chancellor’s Office, click here.
For info by the University of California Office of the President, click here.
For info by the Association of Independent California Colleges & Universities, click here.
Wi-Fi Internet Resources
We recommend taking a look at this List of Low-Cost & No-Cost Internet Providers.
Questions about the Governor's Stay at Home Order?
For consistent updates, please visit covid19.ca.gov.
Want to support #STOCKTONSTRONG?
Your donation will fund relief programs designed to support
vulnerable workers, small businesses, and senior residents who are in quarantine.